The Harvard’s Advanced Leadership Initiative is trying to identify the tenth cohort of distinguished leaders for the 2018 ALI Fellowship. You may already be familiar with this pioneering, interdisciplinary initiative which was recently featured in a PBS NewsHour story and the Harvard Gazette.
ALI invites highly accomplished leaders transitioning from their primary careers to take on the world's most pressing problems. ALI Fellows focus on education, public health, gender equality, social justice, climate change, and other significant social and environmental issues.
Distinctive features of the ALI Fellowship include:
- Cross-University Engagement. The Fellowship includes a rigorous core academic program led by distinguished faculty from across Harvard University.
- Calendar Year Schedule. ALI Fellows join Harvard for a calendar year (January - December) with considerable individual flexibility.
- Diverse Experiences, Common Purpose. ALI Fellows have 20+ years of demonstrated leadership experience and a shared commitment to make a lasting impact in the world.
- Emphasis on Action. Fellows focus on outcomes -- identifying and making progress on a promising project for social good.
- Partner Program. A spouse or life partner can accompany the ALI Fellow as a program participant.
- Unique Coalition. The ALI experience continues beyond the Fellowship year with annual gatherings to foster lasting relationships and impact.
The Advanced Leadership Initiative is now accepting expressions of interest for its 2018 ALI Fellowship, which begins in January, 2018.
Candidates interested in pursuing the 2018 ALI Fellowship are asked to "Introduce Yourself" by March 31 in order to receive first consideration in the competitive selection process. Your nominations are also valued and can be made here.